This is our ultimate list of necessities for those planning on doing some isolated bush camping:
- Lighting: a good lamp for continuing your outside activities after dark is essential.
- Torches: we seem to have an obsession with torches. We have x4 in our campervan; 2 tiny ones easily accessible from the bed for when you need to get up at night but don’t want to wake the other person, a head torch for night time toilet trips and the newest addition: an extremely big, heavy and powerful Maglite which is half for security and half for fun when busting nocturnal animals creeping around our campsite in the dark.
- At least 2 buckets (preferably foldable!) for dirty dishes, clean dishes, carrying dishes, washing clothes, using your portable shower etc. The list goes on.
- First aid kit.
- Lots and lots of large garbage bags to take your rubbish home with you.
- Cleaning products for dishes, surface spray, sponges etc.
- Warm clothes.
- A big citronella mozzie candle.
- If you can, remember to buy some dry timber before you reach your destination if you plan on having a fire there. You may not be able to buy timber when you get there (or it may be grossly overpriced!).
- Lots and lots of lighters/packs of matches.
- A small dustpan (for sweeping dirt and sand out of your caravan or campervan).
- A portable/retractable clothes line.
- Tins of food and packets of pasta, rice etc.
- A bag of marshmallows or preferably 3.
Do you have anything to add to this list? Please let us know below!