Did we mention we’re working on a ‘non campervan building but still campervan related’ long term project? That’s right, some of us at Achtung Camper are pooling together our knowledge and love of healthy cooking, nutrition and campervan living to eventually publish a healthy eating campervan cookbook. The requirements? Meals have to be super nutritious, super simple and super tasty. Not to mention only include ingredients that are super easy to source wherever you are in Australia!
One of potential meals is this virtually ‘no cooking’ curry. The ingredients are all healthy but are all pantry items so you can shop for this a month before you cook it.
We look forward to your comments and tips once you’ve tried it out!
Lentil and Cashew Curry with Yoghurt
- 1 diced large onion
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 20 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tin lentils
- 1 tin organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin light organic coconut milk
- 200 g roughly chopped raw cashews
- Organic natural yoghurt
- Fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil. Add the curry powder and continue to slowly cook for a further minute.
- Add the lentils, chopped tomatoes, coconut milk and cashews. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve in bowls topped with a dollop of natural yoghurt.
Serves 2-4 depending on how hungry you are!
Recipe inspired by Puy Lentil curry recipe published on the Victoria Government’s Betterhealth website.