These items are often packed and seldom used, so save yourself the regret and storage space for more important bits and pieces by NOT taking the following items on your next camping trip:
- That book you bought and never read but think you’ll read it if it sits in your campervan. Take it to the opp shop instead!
- Hair styling appliances. You can’t use them unless you are plugged into 240 volt power and even if you were, you are camping – who cares how your hair looks!
- Too much makeup, too many moisturisers, too many cosmetic products – the less the better, just take the absolute necessities. No you will NOT need 1 let alone two different lipstick colours or eyeliners!
- Too many items of clothing. As per previous blogs, the beauty of campervan travel is to learn to live with LESS. Simplicity means less choices in the morning. If you only have two Tshirts to choose from you can focus on other things.
- Accessories for every single hobby you use to define yourself but never have time to partake in. Will you really have time to go surfing, mountain bike riding, kitesurfing and guitar playing in the two weeks you are on the road? Choose one or two and save yourself the disappointment that comes with seeing the un-used items in front of you taking up space. Because there are only a certain amount of hours in every day, and when you are camping some should be reserved for doing absolutely nothing.
Remember when packing: one of the beauties of campervanning life, the freedom of living simply.