The ultimate designer campervan this 2019 Volkswagen Campervan for sale has a vermillion coloured velvet rock and roll bed, matching Dinosaur Designs soap dish and vase, beautiful birch ply cabinetry.The Nature Lover fit out means you can travel with confidence in the most isolated places – being fully self sufficient.
Thinking of getting a new VW T6 Campervan (or buying a VW T6 for a campervan conversion) but want to know the differences between the VW T6 and older model the VW T5? We’ve gone direct to the source and interviewed our local VW salesman to find out, in simple, non-technical language.
– Cosmetically the VW T6 has had a facelift with a new design for the front and tailgate.
– For your driving comfort; the dash and storage compartments in the front have been redesigned and now utilise improved non-scratch materials and leather bound steering wheel with controls. Other adjustments for driver comfort include improved lumbar support and height edjustment. You’ll also now get a touchscreen radio with Bluetooth and media streaming capability.
– New features for improved drivability include rear parking sensors as standard, side airbags as standard, fatigue detection, multi-collision braking system and improved fuel efficiency thanks to BlueMotion technologies (stop/start system, coasting function).
For more information on purchasing your new VW T6 campervan through Achtung Camper visit www.achtungcamper.com.au/
By the time people come to us for a conversion they’ve pretty much worked out how to buy a campervan in Australia but there are other options available that many might not be aware of.
The question of budget really determines what options are available to you when looking to buy a campervan in Australia, with the cheapest options as follows:
- Check out caravancampingsales.com.au and Gumtree.com.au for a well priced used campervan homemade or professionally built.
- Purchase a used van on carsales.com.au and DIY the prerequisite basics (check out pinterest, instagram, Vanlife and a plethora of other DIY information on the internet for ideas and information):
- You can get an additional window fitted if required by avadirect.com.au
- Throw a mattress and bedding of some sort in the back
- Visit justkampers.com.au (make sure it’s the Australian website) for VW campevan accessories
- Check out Ikea for some awesome small space storage options
If you have a little more cash to spend, but not the time, then buying a pre-made campervan might be right for you. Again, check out caravancampingsales.com.au for newer campervans for sale.
If you have the cash AND the time, and want a more personlised camping machine then you can order your new VW T6 through Achtung Camper and sign up for a fully customized conversion.
A laste note – many people come to us keen on purchasing a campervan however have never really spent time camping in a tent, campervan or otherwise. Our suggestion? Before you go splashing all that cash spend some time in the great outdoors and see how you like it. Yes camping in a tent is a little rougher but it’s pretty much the same concept and if you don’t enjoy being outdoors all the time in nature then campevanning is probably also not for you.
Similarly, if you’ve had a caravan before or are tossing up between a caravan or campervan take out quiz here: http://achtungcamper.com.au/blog/campervan-or-caravan/ to ascertain whether a campervan really is the correct travel machine for you.
One last thought to leave you with…
You’ve got your campervan but now you need the accessories! Where to start?
We’ve put together a list of the best value shops and websites to check out before you start your journey.
This is a UK based VW campervan accessory online shop that has EVERYTHING you need and more. Now with an Australian online shop based in Sydney, they have van hardware to electrical items to the kitchen sink. Literally.
Yes that’s right, Ikea. They have great storage solutions for small spaces plus amazingly cheap bathroom and kitchen accessories, in plastic and other travel safe materials. We’ve picked up amazingly compact clothes racks, magnetic spice rack containers and tiny portable LED alarm clock/temperature gauges just to name a few.
BCF, Rays Outdoors and Aussie Disposals
Although Aussies seem to win on price, they just don’t have the range that you’ll find in the other two stores.
BCF is handy when looking for outdoor shelters/tent style marquees to attach to either the side or back of your van.
Rays has a great selection of camping chairs, kitchen necessities and lighting options.
If you pass a Jaycar pop in and check out their range of camping accessories, most being electric. They have some great lighting options and power solutions and can usually help you with any advice you’ll need on getting the right product for you.
Get your brand new VW T6 campervan now at Achtung Camper. This van has all of the comfortable features you need – full storage, pop top roof, cooking facilities and rock and roll bed. With an ultra modern grey and moroon colour scheme you can’t go wrong.
This Hyundai short wheel base campervan is perfect for the camper who wants to travel completely self sufficiently, and has the added luxury of a projector screen for an inside or outside cinema experience.
This 4 Motion campervan with Social Butterfly conversion has 240 volt power and a microwave for those that enjoy staying in caravan parks. The ultimate people carrier it seats and sleeps 4 (with additional bed for two in the European style pop top roof).
Interested in a campervan conversion but need to buy a van first? Contact us for our help in finding and purchasing the right van for your needs and budget.