By the time people come to us for a conversion they’ve pretty much worked out how to buy a campervan in Australia but there are other options available that many might not be aware of.
The question of budget really determines what options are available to you when looking to buy a campervan in Australia, with the cheapest options as follows:
- Check out caravancampingsales.com.au and Gumtree.com.au for a well priced used campervan homemade or professionally built.
- Purchase a used van on carsales.com.au and DIY the prerequisite basics (check out pinterest, instagram, Vanlife and a plethora of other DIY information on the internet for ideas and information):
- You can get an additional window fitted if required by avadirect.com.au
- Throw a mattress and bedding of some sort in the back
- Visit justkampers.com.au (make sure it’s the Australian website) for VW campevan accessories
- Check out Ikea for some awesome small space storage options
If you have a little more cash to spend, but not the time, then buying a pre-made campervan might be right for you. Again, check out caravancampingsales.com.au for newer campervans for sale.
If you have the cash AND the time, and want a more personlised camping machine then you can order your new VW T6 through Achtung Camper and sign up for a fully customized conversion.
A laste note – many people come to us keen on purchasing a campervan however have never really spent time camping in a tent, campervan or otherwise. Our suggestion? Before you go splashing all that cash spend some time in the great outdoors and see how you like it. Yes camping in a tent is a little rougher but it’s pretty much the same concept and if you don’t enjoy being outdoors all the time in nature then campevanning is probably also not for you.
Similarly, if you’ve had a caravan before or are tossing up between a caravan or campervan take out quiz here: http://achtungcamper.com.au/blog/campervan-or-caravan/ to ascertain whether a campervan really is the correct travel machine for you.
One last thought to leave you with…